Price on Request:
Get Latest Price
Everest brand LT PVC/XLPE Cables are of excellent quality and easy to handle. Simplified terminators and jointing techniques make these cables eminently suitable, among other applications, for industrial and mining installation. The main advantages of PVC Cables can be summarized as follows:
- Insulation resistance and breakdown strength are practically unaffected by moisture. These cables are thus suitable for laying even underwater.
- Can be overloaded for short periods without any appreciable effect on cable life.
- Can be laid vertically and on steep slopes as there is no impregnating compound involved.
- Flame retardant since PVC ignites with great difficulty and is self-extinguishing.
- Immune to chemicals normally encountered in practice.
- Due to their light weight, PVC cables are easy to install and handle. Small bending radius permits the termination of these cables in limited space.
- Low tension PVC cables do not normally require sealing ends, when terminated indoor. The terminations can therefore be effected quickly and economically.
- Tough but smooth outer covering and are thus abrasion proof.
- PVC cables are not affected by vibrations.
- PVC cables have high short circuit capacity since they can withstand a high transient temperature without any deformation of insulation or displacement of conductor.
- PVC cables have a long service life.
The conductor is composed of plain copper / aluminium wires complying with IS: 8130-1984. Mining cables used in gassy mines are of copper conductor only.Insulation
The conductors are insulated with suitably compounded PVC / XLPE which is applied to the conductor by extrusion process.
These cables can also be offered with FRLS and Heat Resistant Properties.